1) Traditional Spring Yard Cleanups – Customers always like their landscapes to look their best to start the season. Always offer a specific spring clean-up visit where your crews can pay extra attention to leaves, branches, spring pruning, bed edging/mulching and more. Professionals report these cleanups are significantly more profitable than in-season mowing services, so start early and book as many as you can.
2) Irrigation Start-Ups – Systems restart is always best left to a professional. Refilling the pipes incorrectly can damage components. Plus a trained pro can evaluate coverage, verify operation and program the controller correctly.
3) Pre-emergent for Beds – A great way to reduce customer complaints about weeds in planting beds is by applying a pre-emergent. You’ll find beds will stay dramatically more weed free than just treating weeds as they sprout with Ranger Pro. We recommend SureGuard SC as a proven option.
4) Pest Repellents – We’re seeing growth in contractors offering pest repellants to control deer, rabbits and mosquitoes. Ask about options used in your area.
5) Specialty services – Contractors are having success with seasonal color, gutter cleanouts, driveway sealing, and lighting fixture LED re-lamping. You can sell these services to be done after spring cleanups.