This year is expected to have higher than average rates of mosquitoes throughout every area of the country, from the Northeast and Southeast to the Midwest and beyond. Ticks will reach epidemic levels in many areas of the country, especially the Northeast, the Mid-Atlantic, and upper Midwest. Mosquitoes and ticks thrive in warm humid weather, reproducing and multiplying rapidly. They’re not only a nuisance, but they also transmit dangerous diseases.
- Right now, ticks are entering their nymph stage of development. This stage is when ticks are most likely to attach themselves to rodents and small mammals. This is the most dangerous stage for ticks because they are only the size of a poppy seed and are hard to see. In addition, this is early in the season and people are not thinking about or looking for ticks. While in the nymph stage, they carry disease and can infect pets and humans with Lyme disease.
- Mosquito activity begins when the temperature reaches a consistent 50 degrees outside. Hibernating adult mosquitoes simply wake up once the weather turns warm.
Tick and Mosquito season has already started in most of the country. Start applying control products now, before ticks and mosquitoes start to multiply. When offering repellent services, make sure to offer a multi-visit package to keep your customer’s property insect free all season long.
When offering services to your customers, it’s important to have the right solution to meet their needs. Some customers may request an all-organic kid and pet safe option, some may want the strongest formula available, and another customer may want something in between.
To make it easy for you, we’ve compiled a list of three effective control products for tick and mosquito including traditional, lower impact, and 100% organic.
Fast-acting and long-lasting solution for several hard to control pests including mosquitoes, cockroaches, fleas and ticks. Three active ingredients provide three modes of action control insects. This product offers a 90-day guarantee.
- Combination Chemistry® contains adulticide and two insect growth regulators (IGRs)
- Breaks the life cycle of insect reproduction to control fleas, stored product pests, cockroaches, mosquitoes, Lone Star ticks, and other listed insect pests
- Quick- acting & long lasting
- Low-odor, for indoor/outdoor use
A professional strength insecticide/termiticide. Can be used indoors/outdoors on residential, institutional, public, commercial, and industrial buildings. Effective against ticks, mosquitoes, termites carpenter ants and other pests of structures.
- Can be used on lawns, ornamentals, parks, recreational areas and athletic fields to control chinch bugs, crickets, fire ants, scorpions, aphids and other listed insects
- Long-lasting residual for up to 5 years
- Low-odor, for indoor/outdoor use
Bifenthrin is not likely to reach groundwater because it binds tightly to soil and it is not absorbed by foliage or translocated throughout plants. Bifenthrin is low in toxicity to birds.
Central Organic Insect Control
Central Organic offers 100% organic control for a wide spectrum of insects, including ticks and mosquitoes. It has an all-organic formula which will not harm beneficial insects like bees, butterflies, and earthworms, but will eliminate ticks, mosquitoes and other insects, and is EPA-exempt.
- Central Organic Total Insect Control can be applied with a traditional sprayer or can be used with a fogger device
- The product has residual effect for 4-6 weeks, so plan to apply monthly
Central is here to help. If you have questions or need other recommendations, contact your local Central rep. We’re always adding new and innovate products to our warehouses to make sure we’re meeting [and exceeding] your needs. We stay at the leading edge of the industry and we’re ready to help you grow!