More and more, our customers are asking pressing questions about what chemicals go on their lawn. Especially with the recently negative news coverage our industry has seen with the Roundup lawsuit. Our customers worry about their kids, their pets, and the environment—and they want to make sure that the chemicals that go on their law are safe.
Beyond the Roundup lawsuit, university studies are now linking glyphosate to an increased risk of health issues and gene mutation for future generations in lab tests. What does this mean for you and our industry? This conversation is not going anywhere, and homeowners are going to drive the conversation and demand for alternative products.
The good news is, there are already alternatives available including traditional herbicides, low AI, and 100% organic. To make it easy for you, we’ve compiled a list of effective alternatives to glyphosate.
Fast, effective, non-selective control of tough-to-control grass, sedge, and broadleaf weeds.
Cheetah™ utilizes a novel mode of action to better protect your high-value TNVV crops from weed competition including triazine, ALS, and glyphosate resistant weeds. This fast, effective, non-selective herbicide will let you focus more on profitability and less on weeds.
- Best alternative to glyphosate, offering broad-spectrum weed control
- Directed sprays provide excellent weed control and crop safety in orchards and vineyards
- Expanded glufosinate uses in horticultural market; stone fruit, pome fruit, citrus, olives, and sweet corn*
- More consistent control than Gramoxone® on glyphosate-resistant weeds with no special handling restrictions
- *Not all crops labeled for use in California
CIVITAS WEEDfree BRANDTM
Fast-acting, hybrid selective herbicide formulated with less active ingredients kills over 60 listed broadleaf weeds. A sustainable choice without sacrificing performance.
- Fast-acting, weeds show visible injury only hours after application
- Low environmental impact, uses up to 75% less active ingredients than traditional three-way mix herbicides
- White emulsion helps identify where product is sprayed and reduce over-spraying and call-backs, ultimately saving time and money
- No offensive odor and discrete application offer key benefits to applicator, staff and homeowner
- Full application or spot treatment
Avenger® Organic Weed Killer
Non-selective, post-emergence herbicide that quickly and effectively kills weeds, grasses and broadleaves without causing harm to the environment.
- Fast acting – visible results in less than 2 hours
- Highly biodegradable – dissipates quickly
- Non-toxic and can be used in areas near people, pets and wildlife
- Works in cool & cloudy conditions (as low as 40º F)
- Does not stain brick, concrete or pavement
- Emulsion technology – visually references your spray target
- Sprayed areas can be planted within hours
- Controls most weeds, grasses and broadleaves
- No offensive odor, made from oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits
- EPA registered & approved
Central is here to help. If you have questions or need other recommendations, contact your local Central rep. We’re always adding new and innovate products to our warehouses to make sure we’re meeting [and exceeding] your needs. We stay at the leading edge of the industry and we’re ready to help you grow!